Training: About the MBMC
The FIPP Magazine Brand Management Certificate (MBMC) development programme was launched in 2005 and since then has equipped magazine managers from around the world with the knowledge and skills required to successfully manage and grow their magazine brands.
Over the eight programmes more than 100 participants, from some 30 countries, have attended the course and the programme, sponsored by UPM has gone from strength to strength.
The course itself is challenging and hard work, but a highly valuable and rewarding experience. Many graduates of the programme have developed a strong professional network from their time on the course. And this is just one of the benefits that participants enjoy, aside from the unequalled education and insight that the course provides the course has been a significant factor in many graduates careers.
This course is for all publishing professionals who have the ambition and commitment to further themselves and help their brands to reach their full potential.
The 16.5 day training programme takes place in London, spread over nine months between January and September. There are graded homework assignments and an appraisal system, including course leader evaluations, as participants work towards the award of the Certificate. What past participants have said about the course:
- "It was more challenging that expected, but that's exactly what I needed"
- "I appreciate all examples from different countries which allow me to benchmark and evaluate performance of my titles or local market"
- The FIPP course provided an excellent grounding for me. The theoretical aspects of the course combined with the real-world experience provided by the lecturers gave me a greater insight into the techniques of magazine publishing that I was able to apply to my job and this, in turn , has helped me move up to a full publisher’s role in my company”
- “All the examples and the whole presentations were useful because it was very practical! It’s great to have such experienced course leaders”
- "I’ll make a comparison between what I learned and my recent practice. I am sure it will help me to develop the work of my team. Thanks!”
- “Learning from other students was extremely valuable, as their experience is a wonderful resource of good practice and excellent ideas.”
- "A genuine opportunity to meet and learn from real experts"
- "Gave valuable tools to create and drive a viable strategy"
For further information see the course facts or contact Jenny Stubbs or Tel: +44 20 7404 4169.