What makes a great magazine app?
The arrival of tablet apps has given publishers a great new revenue opportunity. This subject and more will be explored by Rebecca McPheters, CEO, McPheters & Company, USA, at the FIPP Ibero-American Conference in Costa Rica.
As the number of magazine apps are increasing rapidly, McPheters will reveal which ones are succeeding, and why. The importance of pricing, design, and standards will also be addressed, as well as what the end user values. McPheters, creator of the industryâs iMonitor report, will give examples of great apps, and show how iMonitor rates them.
The FIPP Ibero-American Conference will take place on 29-31 October 2012 in San JosÃ©, Costa Rica. It is the worldâs most important meeting for magazine media companies interested in the Central and South America and the Iberian Peninsula magazine media markets. The FIPP Ibero-American Conference is a tri-language event with simultaneous translation to English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Other topics covered at the conference include:
- Key market trends in: Brazil, Mexico and Hispanic USA, Argentina, Chile Columbia, Peru Ecuador, Central America, Spain and Portugal
- Developing a multi-platform magazine media brand
- Innovation in magazine media
- Managing content in a 360Ë world
- Social media â engaging the audience
- Editorial excellence â why content matters
- Brands as media owners
- Advertising creativity and magazine media
- The future of pan-regional advertising
- Audience measurement and metrics
- World digital media trends
- Proof of Performance: How magazine media engages audiences
- Digital Newsstand: Business without borders
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Carlos Astiz, executive director, AEEPP, Spain
- Jose Carlos de Mier, PR manager, Audi
- Lucio Grimaldi, excecutive director, Publicitas, USA
- Gregg Hano, CEO, Mag+, USA
- Glenn Hansen, CEO, BPA, USA
- David Hill, president and CEO, International Publishing Services, IDG, USA and FIPP Chairman
- Enrique Iglesias Montejo, CEO, Grupo RBA, Spain
- Frederic Kachar, CEO, Grupo Globo, Brazil
- Kathi Love, CEO, Gfk/MRI, USA
- Javier Martinez, editorial director, Grupo Televisa, Mexico
- Roberto Muylaert, president, AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional de Editores de Revistas (ANER)
- Daniel Ripoll, president, AAER, Argentina
- Alejandro Santos, editorial director, Semana, Colombia
- Arnaud Saint-Simon, president, Psychologies Group, France
- Juan Senor, director, Innovation International Media Consulting Group, UK
- Rodrigo Sepulveda, CEO, Editorial Televisa, Mexico
- Joan Sola, president, Zinio International, Spain
- Martha Stone, CEO, World Newsmedia Network, USA
Visit the FIPP Ibero-American Conference website for more information about the programme, and to book your place, or contact Claire Jones. For advertising and sponsorship opportunities, contact Stuart Hands.