Data from PwC, ZenithOptimedia and other industry experts highlights the trends in the Europe, Middle East & Africa region. Download the full Special Report from FIPP's World Magazine Trends 2014/15.
Highlights from the FIPP Insight EMEA World Magazine Trends Special Report include:
- The economy of the European Union generated a GDP of over US$17 trillion in 2013 according to Eurostat, which makes it the second largest economy in the world if treated as a single economy (first being the United States of America).
- With 8 per cent GDP growth in 2013 Central & Eastern Europe is the second fastest growing economy (behind Latin America) in the world
- Russia – which accounts for 42 per cent of total GDP – is the main driver and in spite of the political crisis in Ukraine.
- The outlook is much more positive with ad expenditure forecast to shrink by just 0.5%, followed by recovery to 2.6 per cent growth in 2015 and 3.6 per cent growth in 2016.
MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
- Nigeria has emerged as the largest economy in Africa with a GDP of 502 billion but has one of the lowest ratios on advertising expenditure. With a total adspend in 2013 of US$785 million the ratio is 0.16 per cent, one of the lowest in the region.
- South Africa with a GDP of US$262 billion and an adspend of US$3,830 million has the highest ratio in the region (1.09 per cent).
- The worldwide average ratio is 0.69% and for MENA (Middle East and North Africa) this is 0.23 per cent.
- In MENA Saudi Arabia is the largest economy with a GDP of US$745 billion, but advertising revenue is so low, with ‘only’ US$602 million that it is one of the lowest in the MENA region.
- Most of the revenue comes from circulations and will grow to 61 per cent in the near future.
Download the full FIPP Special Report: EMEA Trends 2014/15 (pdf)
More like this
Download the FIPP Special Report: Americas Trends 2014/15 (pdf)
Focus on the Americas, a FIPP Special Report
Download the Mary Meeker/KPCB Internet Report 2015 (pdf)
Download FIPP Insight Special Report: Social Media (pdf)
Visit the FIPP Insight Resources Library for more FREE download of special reports, white papers and more...
Download Membership Brochure
Chris Llewellyn's presentation slides for the 41st FIPP World Congress
Last week FIPP CEO and President Chris Llewellyn shared some of the background, planning and progress to date for the 41st FIPP World Congress with delegates at Digital Innovators’ Summit in Berlin. Here are his slides, slightly adapted, in downloadable format for you.
27th Mar 2017
Order your new Innovation in Media World Report now
27th Mar 2017
John Wilpers, senior director of Innovation Media Consulting
and author of the Innovation World Report, gave a whirlwind tour of the proven case studies from the hottest, most innovative magazine media initiatives today. And they're all exposed, in-depth, in the new Innovation book.
FIPP World Congress 2017 | Meet the speaker: Yulia Boyle, National Geographic
Yulia Boyle is senior vice president at National Geographic Partners’ International Media Group. She'll be speaking at the 41st FIPP World Congress, taking place from 9-11 October in London.
27th Mar 2017
FIPP Insight Awards 2017 call for entries
Have you got great research for the Insight Awards? FIPP will present its 8th Insight Awards at the FIPP World Congress in London, taking place 9-11 October 2017. The Awards will be for the best research studies published in 2016 or early 2017 that promote the use of magazine media as an advertising medium, anywhere in the world.
23rd Mar 2017