FIPP is delighted to announce the launch of this year’s Innovation in Media book, which has been written and produced by Juan Señor and the team at the Innovation Media Consulting Group.
The digital version can be downloaded by members here, and print copies can be purchased at the following rates:
- €50 for members
- €199 for non-members
The 2022-23 report contains chapters on eight key areas of innovation:
- Beyond the Third-Party Data Play: How to Build Your Own First-Party Data Operation
- The Reinvention of a Medium – The Newsletter Economy
- What’s Next? The Evolution of Audio
- How to Run a Product Team & Build a Data-Driven Newsroom
- New Media Tech: Artificial Intelligence, Robo Journalism and NFTs in Publishing
- Best Retention Strategies: After the Covid subscription bump, how do you stop churn and retain reader revenue?
- Best Digital Magazine Narratives – a showcase of best multimedia storytelling formats and products in the past year
- Print & Offbeat: Our Annual Showcase of Creativity and Imagination
“This year’s incarnation of Innovation is more relevant to the global media industry than ever before,” says FIPP President & CEO, James Hewes, in his introduction to the report. “At a time when longstanding trends have been accelerated – through necessity – into the mainstream, media owners are beginning to truly recognise the importance of agility, and investing the profits from their legacy businesses into the products of tomorrow.”
“This year’s book offers a great starting point, and reflects an industry entering a new age not only in the wake of Covid, but as the content of media begins to re-emerge from the dominance of digital tech.”