With the Covid pandemic in 2020, many of us had to innovate and pivot on the fly to survive. Digital become more important, and more prevalent in connecting with our consumers than ever before.
Our well-established DIS with partners VDZ, the German Publishers Association, usually takes place in Berlin in March each year. It is also when we launch our popular, annual Innovation in World Media report.
In 2021, given continued restrictions on travel, we will run hour-long five in-depth DIS webinars with deep dives into key innovation areas for the year. The webinars will include topics such as people, sustainability, podcasting, storytelling, monetisation and more.
FIPP and VDZ members can attend all five seminars for FREE! The rate for non-members is only a nominal €99. What’s more, all attendees will also get a digital edition of the Innovation Report, absolutely free.
Sign up now:
The DIS seminar-series will run on the following dates (start times for all seminars are 2pm BST:
- Tuesday 9 March: Launch of the new Innovation Report and discussion of new demands on people, culture, and work. Guest speakers include Liz Vaccariello, Editor in Chief of Real Simple, and Dan Wakeford, Editor in Chief of People, both at Meredith Corporation in the US.
- Tuesday 23 March: We look at the explosion of podcasting and consider other audio innovations, such as the rise of Clubhouse. Amy Briggs, Host,Overheard at National Geographic, USA will join us for this conversation alongside potentially one other guest, to be announced.
- Tuesday 6 April: Sustainability and climate considerations are increasingly an essential part of business, even if not always front of mind and centre as it should be. Join us for a conversation on media innovations and responsibilities in the area of sustainability and climate change. Our guest is Andy Marshall, Group Managing Director at Immediate Media Co., UK, a Burda media company.
- Tuesday 20 April: In this webinar, we will focus on jaw-dropping innovations in journalism from a creativity and storytelling perspective. Adil Sbai, CEO of weCreate in Austria, will join the conversation to talk, among other things, about creative storytelling on Tik-Tok, along with Daniel Drepper, Editor-in-Chief, BuzzFeed Germany.
- Tuesday 4 May: We end our DIS seminar-series with a conversation about the five technologies our panellists believe you should think about next. Rebekah Billingsley, Global Innovation Director at Cedar Communications in the UK is confirmed to join the conversation. More guests will be announced soon.
Feel free to get in touch with: