Download Magazines Canada consumer magazine media fact book
Magazines are accessed and accessible across multiple platforms, a source for trusted content that consumers can depend on, and welcomed as an essential part of the media mix.
Some highlights from this year’s Fact Book include:
• The top 25 print magazines reach more adults and teens than the top 25 primetime TV shows.
• 1,308 Canadian English and French titles were available in 2014, a 36 per cent increase versus 2001.
• 92 per cent of consumers agree that Canadian magazines play a significant role in informing Canadians about each other.
• Students age 18-24 prefer reading their favourite magazines in print (93 per cent) with reading on websites, smartphones, online-only editions and tablet editions following.
• Magazines establish a regular dialogue with key consumers: print magazines are #1 in reaching super influential consumers.
• 81 per cent of consumers have bought an item or visited a place after reading about it in a magazine.
More like this
Magazines Canada expands media research toolkit
Video insight: Award winning Media Connections Study from Magazines Canada