The tour starts in the evening of 14 November (the Congress ends at 1pm on the 14th, leaving plenty of travel time to LA) with a sundowner networking event with local startup and business leaders and visits to five Silicon Beach companies on the 15th. More about the agenda below.
How to register
– If you want to register for the FIPP World Media Congress and the Silicon Beach Tour, you can do so through the normal Congress registration process here. Simply add the Tour option as you go through the process and the fee will automatically be added to your Congress check-out amount.
– If you have already registered for the Congress, but now want to add the Tour, please get in touch with Claire Jones at Claire@fipp.com or Natalie Butcher Natalie@fipp.com to assist with your registration.
– If you only want to join us for only the Tour and not Congress, get in touch with Claire or Natalie to register. Note for non-Congress participants there is an additional charge of $500 to the normal prices to join the tour.
Please note places for the tour are limited so it is best not to delay for too long if you want to book your place.
What to expect
Apart from a first evening of networking with local LA startup and other business leaders, companies we could visit include (please note, conversations are ongoing, so the agenda remains subject to change) include:
– Vertical Networks – co-owned by Snap, this is a studio focused solely on creating content for the mobile screen. Get insight into the making of vertical videos and the business models surround it.
– Young Turks – said to have the largest online news show in the world, they make half their revenues from a loyal base opting for various levels of paid-for membership. Hear how the do it.
– Yahoo/Verizon 5G – with 5G around the corner, a new shift on consumers’ consumption of media content is right around the corner. How prepared are you?
– YouTube Studios – walk through YouTube’s magnificent studio for YouTube influencers (with their thousands in into the millions of their subscribers). Hear from the Head of Studios as he takes you through a journey into the heart of influencer content generation.
– We will have a lunchtime speaker, likely from Cheddar, the financial news network for millennials recently acquired for $200 million. And we are planning a visit a tour of “Spruce the Goose” – this Google’s all new Los Angeles HQ built in the Howard Hughes plane hangar where the historic ‘Spruce Goose’ was built.
For more information
– Visit the FIPP World Congress website here
– Visit the Silicon Beach Tour web page here
Contact Claire Jones or Natalie Butcher for more
We hope to see you in Vegas and LA!
More like this