With the city’s roots in the movies, it is not surprising Los Angeles’ tech scene include several companies at the crossroads of storytelling and tech. FIPP is offering you a chance to visit some of these companies post the FIPP World Media Congress in Las Vegas (12-14 November) with a tour of LA’s Silicon Beach.
The tour starts in the evening of 14 November (the Congress ends at 1pm on the 14th, leaving plenty of travel time to LA) with a sundowner networking event with local startup and business leaders and visits to five Silicon Beach companies on the 15th. More about the agenda below.
- If you want to register for the FIPP World Media Congress and the Silicon Beach Tour, you can do so through the normal Congress registration process here. Simply add the Tour option as you go through the process and the fee will automatically be added to your Congress check-out amount.
- If you have already registered for the Congress, but now want to add the Tour, please get in touch with Claire Jones at Claire@fipp.com or Natalie Butcher Natalie@fipp.com to assist with your registration.
- If you only want to join us for only the Tour and not Congress, get in touch with Claire or Natalie to register. Note for non-Congress participants there is an additional charge of $500 to the normal prices to join the tour.
Please note places for the tour are limited so it is best not to delay for too long if you want to book your place.
Apart from a first evening of networking with local LA startup and other business leaders, companies we could visit include (please note, conversations are ongoing, so the agenda remains subject to change) include:
- Vertical Networks – co-owned by Snap, this is a studio focused solely on creating content for the mobile screen. Get insight into the making of vertical videos and the business models surround it.
- Young Turks – said to have the largest online news show in the world, they make half their revenues from a loyal base opting for various levels of paid-for membership. Hear how the do it.
- Yahoo/Verizon 5G – with 5G around the corner, a new shift on consumers’ consumption of media content is right around the corner. How prepared are you?
- YouTube Studios – walk through YouTube’s magnificent studio for YouTube influencers (with their thousands in into the millions of their subscribers). Hear from the Head of Studios as he takes you through a journey into the heart of influencer content generation.
- We will have a lunchtime speaker, likely from Cheddar, the financial news network for millennials recently acquired for $200 million. And we are planning a visit a tour of “Spruce the Goose” – this Google’s all new Los Angeles HQ built in the Howard Hughes plane hangar where the historic ‘Spruce Goose’ was built.
- Visit the FIPP World Congress website here
- Visit the Silicon Beach Tour web page here
Contact Claire Jones or Natalie Butcher for more
We hope to see you in Vegas and LA!
More like this
As we continue to finalise speakers for DIS2020 in Berlin, Germany, this is a reminder you can save €600/ticket on standard delegate rates if you sign up before our exclusive special pre-agenda offer ends.25th Nov 2019 FIPP News
Carlo Mandelli, General Manager of Magazines Italy at the Mondadori Group, has been elected as the new Chairman of FIPP – Connecting Global Media.14th Nov 2019 FIPP News
LONDON, U.K. and LAS VEGAS, Nevada. Nov. 13, 2019 // FIPP – Connecting Global Media, is pleased to announce a new brand identity, unveiled at the FIPP World Media Congress in Las Vegas, 12-14 November 2019.13th Nov 2019 FIPP News
LONDON, UK and LAS VEGAS, Nevada, November 12, 2019 // FIPP – Connecting Global Media, is proud to announce the FIPP World Media Congress 2020, which will take place in Estoril, Portugal, from 15-16 September, 2020, with the Opening Reception on the night of 14 September.12th Nov 2019 FIPP News
The bedrock for building pillars to new revenue opportunities remains good content, Jonathan Wright, Global Managing Director at Dow Jones in Hong Kong told delegates on the first day of the 42nd FIPP World Media Congress in Las Vegas.2nd Dec 2019 Features
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next