First DIS 2016 speakers revealed as delegate registrations smash records
The registrations for DIS 2016 so far received more than doubles the previous DIS record set in 2014 by the end of August. And of the registered delegates, 68 per cent also attended the DIS in March 2015 – strong endorsement for what has become a must-attend, premium media event on the annual calendar. They include CEOs, chief digital officers, managing directors and more.
(For those who did not make the deadline of our mid-year offer, we now have our next-best discounted offer available. Save at least €800 on final delegate rates by booking with our pre-agenda rate today.)
In the meantime, here is a little more to whet your appetite for DIS 2016.
The DIS programme and speakers
Over the years, the DIS has been established as the place in Europe to hear about the future of media and technology from the innovators who are driving change.
The DIS 2016 will feature some 50 speakers from around the world, experts in media, technology and related fields who will share their thoughts in keynote sessions, fireside chats, deep-dive breakouts and more.
The first 10 confirmed speakers are.
• Duncan Edwards, President and CEO, Hearst Magazines International, USA
• Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, USA
• Eric Peters, Chief Product Officer, upday/Axel Springer, Germany
• Lucy Küng, Research Fellow at the Reuters Institute of Journalism at Oxford University, Switzerland
• Olivier Royant, Editor-in-Chief, Paris Match, France
• Martin Weiss, Head of Burda Digital Brands International, Hubert Burda Media, Germany
• Julian Artopé, Director, Ringier Africa, Kenya
• Juan Señor, Partner, Innovation Media Consulting, UK
• John Wilpers, Senior Director USA, Innovation Media Consulting, USA
• Ben Barokas, Founder and CEO, Sourcepoint, USA
The DIS attendees
Senior executives from media businesses, technology innovators and solution providers converge in at the DIS in Berlin to share ideas, learn about emerging trends, see new concepts in action … and to network.
In March 2015, more 600 senior executives from over 35 countries who congregate in Berlin, a vibrant, always evolving city that is also at the heart of Europe’s startup culture.
Attendees already confirmed for DIS 2016 are from
• Belgium, Brazil, the Czech Republic,
• Denmark, Finland, France, Germany,
• Greece, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico,
• The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia,
• South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey,
• Ukraine, the United Kingdom, the United States and Vietnam
• 12 Chief Executive Officers, 3 Chief Digital Officers, 1 Chief Operating Officer, 17 Managing Directors,
• Commercial, digital and other directors,
• Publishers, editors-in-chief and other editors,
• Various heads of departments, and
• Other experts
The DIS experience
Apart from the top-notch programme and networking opportunity with international speakers and colleagues, delegates also have the option to book for add-on DIS experiences such as:
• Our Meet the Founder Tour of Berlin Startups or Alternative Berlin Experience (both on Sunday afternoon 20 March)
• Opening Drinks (Sunday evening 20 March)
• DIS Late Refined or DIS Late Redefined (Monday evening 21 March)
Visit the DIS website for more, and remember, if you haven’t booked yet, do so today to save €800+ on the eventual 2016 delegate rate.
For more information, including how to save more if you book a delegation to the DIS, contact Anja Mumm.
More like this
What you’ll miss if you’re not at the DIS in Berlin
Record-number to attend DIS in Berlin
12 reasons to join us in Berlin (saving €1,000+, if you are quick, is one)