Got a great research study? Submit it for the FIPP Insight Forum
The FIPP Insight Forum, the ninth event in the series (formerly known as the Research Forum and Awards), is a two-day event for publishers, researchers and marketing executives in the global magazine business. It has previously attracted some of the world’s leading magazine research professionals, who meet to discuss the latest issues and developments in the industry worldwide, primarily concerning audience measurement and advertising effectiveness in consumer magazine media.
Register your place at the FIPP Insight Forum.
Discussion and feedback
The Insight Forum is unlike most conferences in that half the session time is devoted to discussion, allowing all the issues arising from the papers to be aired in depth, and wider aspects to be considered. There will be small breakout groups for delegates to debate, in intimate context, the papers given in the previous session. In addition delegates are encouraged to contribute, from the floor, their own experiences in their work. Attendees at the eight previous events have found this extensive discussion to be one of the most valuable aspects of the programme.
Feedback from this year’s event
- “One of the best research conferences I’ve attended – why? – because I can directly apply the value of attending and hearing what others have to say to my day-to-day role.”
- “I found the line-up of topics and speakers particularly great, insightful, topical and relevant. Discussions were lively at breakouts, and also the questions at the end of each session.”
- “Very stimulating. It is inspiring to talk about it with colleagues from all over the world.”
- “It was a fantastic opportunity to listen, learn, pick people’s brains and just talk things through. Sharing/discussing with like-minded people who all face the same challenges and really understand how important consumer insight and research is.”
The key objectives of the Forum are to discuss a number of topics identified by FIPP’s Research Committee as the most pressing current magazine media research issues; to enable participants to debate, compare notes and learn from each other’s recent experience, to the benefit of everyone’s work; and for FIPP to circulate the key points, to help improve magazine research around the world.
The programme content will embrace many aspects of audience research for magazine brands. Particular emphasis will be placed on measurement across platforms, consumers’ usage of publishers’ digital products as well as printed magazines, and the effectiveness of advertising in magazine media. The topic areas on which papers are sought include (but are not confined to) the following:
- Proof of advertising effectiveness, for magazine media on their own
- Proof of advertising effectiveness, for magazine media in combination with other media, particularly television and digital
- Mixed-media modelling: the inputs, and the results
- Developing databases for cross-media planning and evaluation (for example, fusion, hub-based, or single-source approaches)
- Creating week by week print campaign readership estimates, spread realistically through time
- Consumers’ use of mobiles, tablets, websites, in-app advertising, action codes/tags
- Social media – what is research telling us about its value for magazine publishers?
- Native advertising
- What is the level of engagement with digital media? How can it be quantified? How does it compare with engagement with printed magazines (for whom engagement is still an uncontested strength)?
- New measurement techniques, for print readership research and/or digital media
- How consumers use printed magazines
Please submit synopses, or address queries, to FIPP’s research consultant, Guy Consterdine. The deadline for synopses is 16 February 2015.
More details about the FIPP Insight Forum.
Please note that FIPP, a not-for-profit organisation, is unable to assist speakers with travel, accommodation or other expenses, or waive the delegate fee. Accordingly speakers should register as a delegate. Contact Claire Jones at FIPP for details.
FIPP would like to express its gratitude to Sanoma for hosting the event at their offices.
Anyone submitting both a FIPP Insight Forum synopsis and an FIPP Insight Award entry on the same research study, should make this clear.