OnScroll will feature on the FIPP London Start-up Tour, which will allow you to get up close and personal with the London media and digital scene and introduce you to leaders in the industry.
Andy Evans, co-founder of OnScroll took the time to speak to FIPP about OnScroll, the importance of programmatic advertising and how this can improve a publishers advertising strategy, ahead of his appearance at FIPP’s London Start-up Tour.
As co-founder, what encouraged the creation of OnScroll?
I ran a publishing company that I sold to Future plc – so as a publisher, I know the demands that publishers face from buyers. I want to give publishers the ability to proactively answer issues such as viewability and engagement.
What is the main aim of OnScroll?
To assist publishers to optimise the true value of their advertising real estate, through solving issues such as viewability and engagement.
How does OnScroll improve magazine media publishers advertising strategy?
OnScroll proactively resolves viewability for publishers – so we hold back the load of an ad impression until it has the optimum opportunity to be seen. This means that publishers can now add inventory anywhere on a page, in the knowledge that their ads will only load when they are InView. Viewable only ads are being demanded by buyers and viewable ads can garner a premium above non-guaranteed viewable.
As a result, publishers have seen an upside of around +18 per cent more inventory and revenue from this inventory x2 more than seen on standard RTB. OnScroll also offers the ability to monetise this new InView inventory on our Viewable Exchange, therefore generating a publisher immediate revenue upside from the new inventory created.
What makes OnScroll different from other ad technology companies?
Our solutions always bat for the publisher. We help publishers make optimal decisions before an ad is even loaded to ensure that publishers deliver higher value ads and immediately earn more revenue as a result.
What is the importance of programmatic advertising for magazine media publishers?
It’s been coming for a while and is not going away.
92 per cent of buyers have already adopted programmatic buyers – publisher adoption is slower at 61 per cent, so publishers need to tap into this new buying path or they will see a massive dent in their YOY revenues.
How does OnScroll measure the impact of online advertising?
Our focus is to assist publishers in revenue upside solutions. We do this through constantly measuring and monitoring the needs of the buy side, in turn creating solutions, which proactively deliver premium inventory to buyers, thereby creating a win-win for seller and buyer.
Why are you excited about appearing on the FIPP London Start-up tour?
Sharing our knowledge around this sensitive issue and assisting publishers to better understand where the silver lining is, in the cloud of programmatic.
The FIPP London Start-up Tour will take place on 16-18 November 2015.
Other companies already confirmed on the Tour include:
• Adavow – removes duplication from remarketing to consumers who have already converted
• Adludio – delivers compelling, effective and memorable brand advertising that works across all connected devices
• Adoreboard – social analytics business voted “Best tech start-up” by former Chairman of Intel. Working with leading advertisers to help measure and optimise audience sentiment
• AppMojo – an ad-tech platform for optimising in-app advertising, helping publishers to maximise mobile ad revenues while preserving user experience
• Enreach – technology that helps publishers turn audience data into profit. They provide solutions for advertising (targeting and reporting analytics) and editorial optimisation
• EmailSwitchBoard – behavioural data over-laid onto email
• Lancelot Media London – through RoundTable, we look to make data usable and actionable for marketeers, ultimately resulting in increased and improved results for both advertisers and publishers
• OnScroll – ad serving optimisation
• Openr – content marketing to drive subscriptions
• Outbrain – is a content recommendation platform whose content marketing module offers to help publishers increase web traffic by presenting them with relevant website links
• Sharethrough – publishers can manage their entire native ad strategy, from direct sale prospecting and execution to yield management and network optimisation
• Sliide – provides users with a personalised story feed on their Android phone, featuring news stories, other content and offers
• TouchCast – is a new medium that looks like video, but feels like the web
• Unruly – the first mobile video exchange to guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via Real Time Bidding (RTB)
• Whichit – drives up sales by putting brands in front of a highly targeted audience in a playful choice selection app
If you want to see the full timetable download the London Start-up Tour Programme.
Be sure not to miss out – BOOK NOW!