Marketing through emails is pretty effective, yet difficult to execute. One thing about newsletters is that people want what they ordered. So people, who for example signed up for news and current affairs, seem allergic to having the content diluted by advertising.
A survey by Statista found out that 26.8 per cent of all American respondents thought ads in newsletters were very annoying. Another 48.5 per cent of respondents thought that those ads were either 'not too' or 'kind of annoying'. So, counting together all of the annoyed you're talking about 3 in 4 people (75.3 per cent) who could do without ads in email newsletters. Only 12.2 per cent of respondents weren't annoyed at all.
Download the chart here.
In this very special episode of Media Voices, the team discusses the conflux of news about BuzzFeed, Vice, Mashable and many more and ask whether the dream of a digital future for publishers is over before it began.20th Nov 2017 Insight News
The Native Advertising Institute just held their third annual Native Advertising Days Conference in Berlin, where the world’s best thinkers and practitioners of native advertising came together to share their insights. Here are 10 of the top tips.17th Nov 2017 Insight News
A growing middle class in China with a high propensity to shop for foreign brands is helping to drive up spending on goods bought outside of China, according to eMarketer’s cross-border ecommerce spending forecast.15th Nov 2017 Insight News
GroupM’s new State of Video report offers an insightful look at the business of television and video.15th Nov 2017 Insight News
Recently, there has been a period of time where there was somewhat of a slow-down in international brand activity as companies focused on shoring up their bases. However, this year we have seen an increasing number of reports surfacing about media companies adopting a more global outlook again – at least in certain segments. Does this mean a renewed focus on brand licensing, and in what form? And what is the outlook as we head into 2018?13th Nov 2017 Features
CDS Global and Zeddit announced a strategic technology partnership in the UK and Australia to provide advanced subscriber conversion capabilities for print magazine publishers. The partnership will focus on improving the conversion of visitors to magazine websites into subscribers for CDS Global clients.13th Nov 2017 Industry News
One of the biggest drives for publishers in the past decade or two have been transitioning their print content to digital. For some it is all about maintaining the magazine's brand essence online, yet others have enjoyed success in amalgamating print publications to create new web first brands.13th Nov 2017 Features
Publishers’ growing urge to be platform agnostic needs to be balanced by focussed efforts to ensure content remains platform specific.13th Nov 2017 Features
Deborah Joseph is appointed chief content officer of Glamour, a new position created to lead the vision for the beauty-first, digital-first media brand, it was announced today.16th Nov 2017 Industry News
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
Get global coverage of your launches, company news and innovationsFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next