The UK’s Professional Publishers Association has announced the winners of this year’s Independent Publisher Awards. At a ‘real-world’ ceremony, hosted by comedian Maisie Adam in London last Friday, the shortlist of publishers, editors, writers, and designers was eventually whittled down to 21 winners.
From Front Cover of the Year to award-winning brands, teams, and events, the ceremony shone a light on all aspects of the industry, and was preceded in the day by the Association’s Independent Publisher Conference.
“We are really pleased to have hosted our second in-person awards ceremony of 2021,” said new PPA CEO, Sajeeda Merali “It’s been a pleasure getting all the independent publisher industry leaders in one room to celebrate their achievements over the last year. The creativity and entrepreneurial edge that these businesses have is nothing short of inspiring. I hope all of our winners are really proud of their accomplishments in what has been a challenging couple of years for the whole industry.”
The full list of 2021 winners is as follows:
- Best Response to Covid-19 – Utility Week, Faversham House
- Business Publication of the Year – Pulse, Cogora
- Commercial Publication of the Year – BSIF Guide to UK Safety & Health Industry 2021, Western Business Media
- Consumer Publication of the Year – Slimming World Magazine, Slimming World
- Content Piece of the Year – The Bookseller, The Bookseller’s Black Issue, The Stage Media Co.
- Designer of the Year – Peter Allen, Magneto, Hothouse Media
- Digital Product of the Year – World of Cruising Website, Real Response Media
- Diversity and Inclusion Award – Women’s Running, Anthem Publishing
- Editor of the Year – Jamie Kaffash, Pulse
- Event of the Year – Future of Theatre, The Stage, The Stage Media Co.
- Front Cover of the Year – Electric Awards, BBC TopGear, BBC Studios
- Independent Publishing Company of the Year – Faversham House
- Industry Partner of the Year – Newstand
- Launch/Relaunch of the Year – Digital Event News Portfolio, Digital Event News and Awards, Mash Media
- Media Brand of the Year – Dezeen
- Membership Publication of the Year – British Heart Foundation, Heart Matters
- Podcast of the Year – The Women’s Running Podcast, Anthem Publishing Ltd
- Subscription Strategy of the Year – Maximising Revenue Generation Free Content Sampling, Motor Sport Magazine
- Team of the Year – Marketing Team, London Review of Books
- Writer of the Year – Tim Bano, The Stage, The Stage Media Co.
- PPA Special Recognition Award – TTG, TTG Media
For further information and images from the event, click here.