The report, The Future of Newspapers and Magazines in Flight, is published by PressReader in conjunction with APEX (Airline Passenger Experience Association), whose members contributed to the report by answering a survey.
Other findings include:
- 76.9 per cent of airlines with less than 500,000 annual flights have already, or plan to stop offering print within five years
- 83.3 per cent of airlines with less than 100,000 annual flights have already, or plan to stop offering print within three to five years
- 50 per cent said that digital access to local and international newspapers on a passenger’s own device is hugely beneficial; 55 per cent said the same thing about magazines
- Personal device access was valued much higher than access through seatback In-flight Entertainment (IFE)
- 50 per cent of respondents also believed that passengers would find digital access to the airline’s magazine beneficial
PressReader is FIPP’s brand partner.
More like this