Entries for FIPP’s new global Rising Stars in Media Awards will close on 31 July. (See more about who can, as well as how to, enter below). The aim of the Awards is to discover and recognise those individuals – from around the world – under the age of 30 in, or associated with, media companies who are behind developing remarkable initiatives for the industry, their companies and/or brands.
Unlike other awards, FIPP’s Rising Stars in Media is not about finding the best in class in any particular discipline. We want to uncover those bright stars that are coming up with new ideas, or who have proved to deliver above and beyond what was expected.
FIPP’s chairman Fabrizio D’Angelo, who is also CEO of Burda International in Germany, said it has become “a vital challenge” for magazine media companies “to recognise and reward young talent. Bottom up innovation and creativity are often unseen and not encouraged enough. The FIPP Rising Stars Awards is a wonderful initiative to discover the treasures in our industry worldwide, and through the recognition help accelerate change.”
Hearst is also supporting the FIPP initiative, with several submissions already received from various countries around the world and from different corners of the business. Duncan Edwards, president and CEO of Hearst Magazines International, USA, said: “Our industry has always been built by the talented people who choose to work in it and competition for this talent has never been greater. It is very important to recognise the amazing work that younger people in our industry do for their companies and to do this in a public way at the FIPP World Congress is a great idea.”
More about the FIPP Rising Stars in Media Awards
Who can enter?
- FIPP’s Rising Stars in Media is not limited to any particular discipline, so anyone under the age of 30 can enter, regardless of which area of the magazine media business they work in, whether they are employed by the company, a freelancer or a media entrepreneur having a positive impact on your company
- Nominees must be 30 or under on 15 October 2015, and demonstrate that they have made a significant contribution in the past 12 months
- Individuals and/or direct managers can submit entries. If entries are submitted by the individual/freelancer they must be authorised and endorsed by a member of the management team. Nominations can also be put forward directly by managers of rising stars.
- Nominees do not have to be a member of FIPP to enter
- FIPP member: £30 + VAT for each entry
- FIPP non-member: £60 + VAT for each entry
Larger files, as/when required, can be shared via Dropbox etc.