Condé Nast’s Wired Smarter 2020 will take place virtually – here are the first speakers
Wired UK has announced the first speakers for its annual conference Wired Smarter. This year, Wired Smarter will return as a virtual conference and takes place from 13-15 October 2020.
Curated by Wired’s editorial team, Wired Smarter will host a series of keynotes, panels and interactive roundtables with thought leaders from across business, retail, technology, finance and economics. Exploring the future of the world, and its impact on business, attendees can pull insight and inspiration from a collection of perspectives, so that they can turn disruption into a useable, action-driven, future-flexing business strategy.
Spanning three days, each morning will begin with a 90-minute session, with speakers exploring industry-agnostic themes impacting businesses. Each afternoon will dive into a dedicated track for retail, money or growth. Each segment will be followed by an interactive virtual roundtable or workshop.
Confirmed speakers in 2020 include:
- Pragya Agarwal, Behavioural Scientist and Author of SWAY: Unravelling Unconscious Bias
- Shelly Bell, Founder, Black Girl Ventures
- Cherie Blair CBE QC, Founder, The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- Mark Read, Chief Executive Officer, WPP
- Anne Boden, Founder and CEO, Starling Bank
- Barbara Martin Coppola, Chief Digital Officer, Ikea
- Karina Govindji, Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion EMEA, Google
- Noreena Hertz, Economist and Author of The Lonely Century
- Sarah Kocianski, Head of Research, 11:FS
- Nina Schick, Political Broadcaster and Author of Deep Fakes and the Infocalypse
- Dale Vince, Founder, Ecotricity
- Marcia Kilgore, Founder, Beauty Pie
- Paul Dillinger, Vice President, Global Product Innovation, Levi’s
- Paul Clarke, Chief Technology Officer, Ocado
- Ian Rogers, Group Chief Digital Officer, LVMH
- Jonathan Ashong-Lamptey, Diversity and Inclusion Expert, Element of Inclusion
- Hiroki Takeuchi, Co-founder and CEO, GoCardless
- Elizabeth Uviebinené, Co-Author of Slay In Your Lane and Brand Strategist
- Avinash Rugoobur, President, Arrival
- Louise Beaumont, Chair, Open Banking and Payments Working Group, techUK
- Guive Balooch, Head of L’Oréal’s Global Technology Incubator
- Katie Hunt, Co-Founder and CRO, Showfields
- Georg Petschnigg, Chief Innovation Officer, WeTransfer
- Enrico Sanna, Co-Founder and CEO, Fora (Knowledge Partner)
- Margarete McGrath, Chief Digital Officer, Dell Technologies UK (Knowledge Partner)
Knowledge partners for Wired Smarter 2020 are: Accenture, DELL Technologies, Intel and Fora. Ettinger is a supporting partner for this year’s conference.
Find out more information online at wired.co.uk/partnerships/wired-smarter.