FIPP World Congress in London | Last chance to save | Reasons to attend
From 9-11 October London plays host to the 41st FIPP World Congress, the premium get-together for the industry on a global scale, taking place only once every 2 years in different cities around the world. The previous time the Congress was in London was in 2009 … and before then 1989 and 1971.
So join some 800 delegates from more than 40 countries in one of the world’s leading, most historical and cosmopolitan cities. Besides learning from speakers, the FIPP World Congress is an opportunity to meet with old friends and new, discuss business, share cross-market insights or simply have fun – right here in the UK. Save £800 with our pre-agenda offer (Offer ends 30 April 2017).
Agenda and speakers
The first draft of the agenda will be released as soon as we finalise a last few remaining speaking slots. More than 60 speakers from the Americas, Australasia and Europe, the Middle East and Africa, are already confirmed (see speaker photos and bios, where we have received them so far, here). Already confirmed speakers are from companies and brands including:
- Abril (Brazil), Adweek (USA), AJ+ (USA), Ascential (UK), Axel Springer (Germany),
- BBC Worldwide (UK), Bloomberg (USA), Boston Consulting Group (Austria),
- Centaur Media (UK), Condé Nast (UK),
- Flipboard (USA), Forbes (USA),
- HBR (USA), Hearst (UK),
- Immediate Media Co. (UK),
- Mashable (UK), Modn Media (Singapore), Motivate Publishing (UAE),
- National Geographic (USA), NBC News and MSNBC (USA),
- Polityka (Poland), PressReader (Canada), Prisma Media (France),
- Refinery 29 (UK), Ringer Axel Springer Media (Switzerland), Rogers Media (Canada),
- Schibsted (Norway), Skytango (Ireland), Somo (UK),
- TEN: The Enthusiast Network (USA), The Economist (UK), Time Inc. UK, Trusted Media Brands (USA),
- Wiley (USA), Worldwide Media (USA), and
Meet media colleagues from around the world
Not only does the FIPP World Congress attract top speakers to share insights and experiences with you, but also as the industry’s premier global event it brings together some 800 colleagues from 40+ countries around the world.
Besides learning from speakers, it is an opportunity to meet with old friends and new, discuss business, share cross-market insights and/or simply have fun. The FIPP World Congress is not only an event. Taking place only every second year, in different host cities each time, it is an experience. Be part of it.
More reasons to join (particularly for those from out of town)
Here are a few ideas on how to make the most of your visit to London, one of the greatest cities of the world.
1. Visit historic and new attractions
The FIPP World Congress takes place at the iconic Tobacco Docks, not far from the Tower of London. From there it is an easy trip to other attractions such as St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, the British Museum, Natural History Museum or Tate Modern, Piccadilly Circus, and more. Or take in the skyline from London’s tallest building The Shard or from the London Eye, not far from Westminster and Big Ben.
2. Go shopping
London offers an array of shopping opportunities, from London markets such as Portobello Road, Camden Lock Market, Old Spitalfields, and more, to shopping destinations such as Covent Garden, Oxford Street and Regent Street, and department stores such as Harrods and more.
3. Go to the theatre, dine out
From world-class plays in the West End to live music, stand-up comedy and more, as one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities London truly offers something for everyone. Make the most of your night out with exceptional dining experiences London has to offer, from Michelin Star restaurants, to traditional British pub food, street food, rooftop dining and more.
4. Stroll around, take a riverboat or hop into a black cab or red bus
From walks winding along the River Thames to parks such as Hyde Park, Hampstead Heath and the Royal Botanical Gardens, London offers plenty of opportunity to leisure time away as you take in sights and sounds around you. Take riverboat tours to take in some of London’s most impressive sites along the River Thames. And while you’re out and about, jump on one of London’s iconic red buses or hail a black cab to round off your London experience.
Book before 30 April to secure your place with our pre-agenda discount, offering discounts of at least £800/ticket to attend the FIPP World Congress.
Learn more at fippcongress.com or contact:
- Claire Jones at Claire@fipp.com with general and delegation inquires;
- John Schlaefli at John@fipp.com with sponsor enquires; and
- Cobus Heyl at Cobus@fipp.com with agenda and speaker inquiries (note: the majority of speaking slots are now either confirmed or reserved).