“The 2019 Magazine Media Factbook reflects the enormous power and credibility of magazine media,” said Linda Thomas Brooks, President and CEO, MPA – The Association of Magazine Media. “In a media world that is always looking to leverage the advantage of the latest data, the pattern is clear: magazine media’s vitality for advertisers and consumers is proven time and time again.”
***Linda Thomas Brooks, President and CEO, MPA, is chair of the FIPP World Media Congress 2019, taking place from 12-14 November in Las Vegas. See the list of confirmed speakers. See the programme. Book by 12 June to save up to $850 from final delegate rates. For registration, general information and more, go to fippcongress.com.***
The Factbook is filled with evidence of the health and vitality of magazine media. For example, 191 new print magazine brands launched in 2018 with a frequency of quarterly or greater—a 46 per cent increase over the year before. The total number of print consumer magazines grew to 7,218 in 2018.
This year’s edition features 11 new pages devoted to supporting magazine media’s power across various ad categories. Twenty-three research companies contributed independent research, statistics and hundreds of compelling facts, including:
– New category data and charts from the recently launched Magazine Media 360° Social Media Engagement Factor
– New data on the effectiveness of print, actions taken and ad receptivity among magazine media readers
– New multimedia comparisons proving magazine readers are the strongest everyday influencers
– New data proving advertising in magazines raises brand awareness and purchase intent
– New pharma ROAS case studies that show magazines drive conversions to branded prescription drugs
The digital edition of the Factbook is available in PDF format as well as downloadable slides at www.magazine.org/factbook.
MPA is a member of FIPP.
More like this