Your publishing company is almost certainly the victim of digital advertising fraud. Worse, your company may also, unwittingly, be an actual perpetrator or enabler of digital ad fraud.
“Worse still, your very own personal computer could be defrauding other publishing companies, advertisers, and even your very own company” writes John Wilpers, author and editor of the Innovation in Magazine Media 2015-2016 World Report. “Right now.”
And all this fraud is costing you a lot of money and a lot of credibility, both directly and indirectly.
One consolation? You’re far from alone.
Digital ad fraud affects between 10 and 60 per cent of different types of digital advertising, according to a variety of studies conducted in 2014.
Another consolation: There are a growing number of fraud-fighting companies dedicated to building innovative tools and practices to catch and, better yet, prevent and eliminate digital ad fraud.
Ad fraud costs US$4.5m every hour. There is no time to waste.
John Wilpers looks at what you can do to detect and prevent digital ad fraud. Including invaluable checklists:
– Six ways fraud hurts our industry
– Top 20 victims
– Friends in the fight – ad tech companies developing tools to detect and prevent ad fraud
– What are the types of digital ad fraud?
– Strategies to detect & prevent ad fraud
– Digital ad fraud on mobile
– A digital ad fraud lexicon
– A check-list of defensive and offensive anti-fraud measures
More like this