There’s been an overwhelmingly positive response to the initial announcement of FIPP World Congress 2022, as we endeavour to play our part in moving the industry conversation back into a real-world setting. Enthusiasm amongst speakers has been no different, with 30+ industry experts already confirmed for the line-up in June.
Global media’s flagship event ?
Amongst the latest crop to be announced is Will Page, former Spotify exec and Author of ‘Tarzan Economics: Eight Principles for Pivoting through Disruption’. Page will provide insights into the micro and macro economic trends he expects to impact media businesses – and their consumers – as we all navigate our way out of lockdown.
He will be joined on the agenda by other leading execs from the likes of Vivendi, Axel Springer, Media24, Enders Analysis, Conde Nast, and more… with a total of 33 speakers now confirmed for the event, and further announcements still to come:
- Rich Askam, Speaker and Broadcaster, UK
- Nkiru Balonwu, Founder and Creative Director, The Africa Soft Power Project, and Media Entrepreneur, Nigeria
- Alysia Borsa, Chief Business Officer and President of Lifestyle Dotdash Meredith US
- Yulia Boyle, SVP International Media, National Geographic Partners and FIPP Chair, US
- Inês Bravo, Experience Design and Digital Transformation Consultant, Innovation Media Consulting, Portugal
- Ralph Büchi, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Axel Springer Germany
- Ciara Byrne, Director of New Business Innovation, Condé Nast UK
- Catarina Carvalho, Co-founder, Mensagem, Portugal
- Alan Centofante, CEO and Chief Strategist, Cover Rocket, US
- Nerissa Coetzee, GM: Lifestyle, Media24 South Africa
- Andrea Davies, Non-executive director, scale-up advisor, and consultant, UK
- Arnaud de Puyfontaine, CEO Vivendi, France
- Elizabeth Deeming, SVP Product, Future, UK
- Minette Ferreira, GM: Lifestyle and News, Media24, South Africa
- James Hewes, President and CEO, FIPP, UK
- Miranda Holt, External Partners Lead 5050 Project, UK
- Samir Husni, Founder and Director, Magazine Media Center, US
- Lucy Küng, Strategic Advisor, Board Member, Author and Speaker Switzerland
- Jacqueline Loch, EVP Customer Innovation, SJM Content, Canada
- Lisa MacLeod, Principal Consultant, FT Strategies, UK
- Douglas McCabe, CEO Enders Analysis, UK
- Anant Nath, Executive Publisher and Editor, Delhi Press Group and The Caravan India
- Will Page, Author, Tarzan Economics: 8 ways to pivot through disruption, former Chief Economist of Spotify and PRS for Music, and Fellow at London School of Economics, UK
- Reed Phillips, CEO, Oaklins DeSilva Phillips, and Author, QuickValue US
- Juan Señor, President, Innovation Media Consulting, UK
- Manoj Sharma, CEO, Publishing, India Today Group, India
- Christian Siebert, General Manager, Funke One, Germany
- Krifka Steffey, Director of Newsstand and Media Division Barnes & Noble., US
- Srini Balasubramanian, MD, Vikatan Group, India
- Katie Vanneck-Smith, Co-founder, Tortoise Media, UK
- Martha Williams, CEO, World Newsmedia Network, US
- Jonny Wright, President International, Hearst Magazines, US
Sneak peek at the agenda ?
While the full programme is still being finalised, even the presentations themselves now are beginning to take shape, and you can view a preliminary selection here:
Arnaud de Puyfontaine, CEO, Vivendi, France
Vivendi is a global leader in culture, entertainment, media and communications with TV and cinema, magazines, books, video games, video hosting services and more. Hear from CEO Arnaud de Puyfontaine about how the group performed through the past two years, and the trends he sees for media through to 2025. We’ll also get key insights into how Vivendi intends to integrate new trends such as hybrid working into the workplace while building and retaining a diverse, talented workforce when talent competition is at an all-time high.
Ralph Büchi, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Axel Springer, Germany
In 2020, Axel Springer delisted in a deal led by private equity firm KKR, investing in the future of the media and technology giant. More recently, Springer announced the acquisition of Politico, a major US coup following the earlier acquisition of Business Insider. Ralph Büchi will take us behind the scenes to understand Axel Springer’s thinking and plans in this session. Moving to what he describes as the second digital transformation, he will also touch on upcoming technologies set to impact media.
Lucy Küng, Strategic Advisor, Board Member, Author and Speaker, Switzerland
Growth is the big strategic goal for many media firms. The past couple of years delivered a welcome (and unexpected) boost, but a unique set of circumstances trigged that expansion. Growth from here will need different strategies implemented by different levers. But what should they be? Küng examines the options for growth, ranging from organic to moving into new products, services, even sectors. Who is doing what well, and what works best when? And what muscles are needed – from competencies to culture – to deliver on growth strategies?
So join us in Cascais June 7th – 9th for what I’m sure we can all agree will be a welcome return to real-life networking! You can find out more about the event, including how to register, here.