39 per cent of all UK ad-spend is on a digital platform
The UK Association of Online Publishers’ (AOP) annual Digital Landscape report has been published, containing the organisation’s monthly digest of digital media research from across the industry.
- The UK ad market will grow by £3bn to hit a value of £17bn in 2017 on the back of strong internet advertising growth, according to a PwC report. (PwC, June 2013)
- In the UK, 39 per cent of all ad spend is on a digital platform, which is the biggest share globally according to Magna (June 2013)
- ZenithOptimedia and Magna Global’s global ad forecasts reduced to growth of 3.5 per cent and thee per cent respectively in 2013 (June 2013)
- UK video audience has grown by six per cent year-on-year from 35.7 million online video viewers in May 2012. (comScore May 2013)
- Share of traffic to UK News and Media sites is now at 9.2 per cent whilst social media is down to 10.7 per cent (Hitwise May 2013)
- UK Tablet commerce will grow by triple digits in 2013 for the third year running, to reach £3.57bn (eMarketer June 2013)
- In Oct 2011, consumers spent an average 95p on magazine apps and 81p on newspaper apps. One year on, monthly spend reached £2.61 and £2.09 respectively. (KPMG June 2013)
- The AOP Digital Landscape report represents a digest of the latest research news and statistics that are relevant to the digital publishing community industry.
Find out more about the Digital Landscape Report at AOP’s website.