Media giants are innovating with new business models and lines are blurring between traditional studios such as Disney, and new well-funded entrants such as Quibi and Vertical Networks. In fact, the media & entertainment business brings a staggering $161bn to the economy.
With FIPP going to Las Vegas for the 42nd FIPP World Media Congress from 12-14 November, we now have the opportunity post the Congress (from the afternoon of 14 November to 15 November) for a limited number of guests to join us for a 1.5 day tour visiting companies in Silicon Beach, Los Angeles for in-depth conversations about their approach to storytelling and business.
How to register (please note: places for the tour will be limited to 15)
– If you want to register for the FIPP World Media Congress and the Silicon Beach Tour, you can do so through the normal Congress registration process here. Simply add the Tour option as you go through the process and the payment will automatically be added to your Congress check-out amount.
– If you have already registered for the Congress, but now want to add the Tour, please get in touch with Claire Jones (Claire@fipp.com) or Natalie Butcher (Natalie@fipp.com) to assist with your registration.
– If you only want to join us for the Tour, please get in touch with Claire or Natalie to register. Please note for non-Congress participants there is a charge of $500 in addition to the normal prices to join the tour.
The standard pricing for FIPP members and non-members is available on this page. For those not attending the Congress, you can add the $500 to these prices.
What to expect
Apart from a first evening of networking with local LA startup and other business leaders, companies we could visit include (please note, conversations are ongoing, so the agenda remains subject to change) include:
– Vertical Networks – co-owned by Snap, this is a studio focused solely on creating content for the mobile screen. Get insight into the making of vertical videos and the business models surround it.
– Young Turks – said to have the largest online news show in the world, they make half their revenues from a loyal base opting for various levels of paid-for membership. Hear how the do it.
– Yahoo/Verizon 5G – with 5G around the corner, a new shift on consumers’ consumption of media content is right around the corner. How prepared are you?
– YouTube Studios – walk through YouTube’s magnificent studio for YouTube influencers (with their thousands in into the millions of their subscribers). Hear from the Head of Studios as he takes you through a journey into the heart of influencer content generation.
We will have a lunchtime speaker, likely from Cheddar, the financial news network for millennials recently acquired for $200 million. And we are planning a visit a tour of “Spruce the Goose” – this Google’s all new Los Angeles HQ built in the Howard Hughes plane hangar where the historic ‘Spruce Goose’ was built.
For more information
– Visit the FIPP World Congress website here
– Visit the Silicon Beach Tour website here. This includes a list with information of all the companies we are in conversation with about the tour.
We hope to see you in Vegas and LA!
More like this