At the 42nd FIPP World Media Congress, Las Vegas, 12-14 November, a number of speakers will shine a spotlight on the future of magazines. Below is a taste of what you can expect, from a specific magazine media perspective to insights from other industry segments.
Sign up for the FIPP World Media Congress today to benefit from our last discounted rate, before the final rate kicks in soon.
Some of the people who will share experiences and insights from their respective worlds of magazines.
- 12 November: Bonnie Kintzer, CEO, Trusted Media Brands, USA Tyler Brûlé, Editor in Chief, Monocle, UK; Kate Lewis, Chief Content Officer, Hearst Magazines, USA.
- 13 November: Yulia Boyle, SVP, Global Media and Experiences; National Geographic Partners, USA: Paula Mageste, Independent Editor and Publisher, Brazil; Teresa Elizalde, Editor in Chief, Magazine Group, La Nacion, Argentina; and Srini Balasubramanian, Managing Director, Ananda Vikatan Publishers, India.
- 14 November: Liz Vaccariello, Editor in Chief, Meredith Parents Network, USA; DW Pine III, Creative Director, TIME, USA; Teruyuki Kitabatake, Editor-in-Chief and Director, Manga Magazines, Shueisha, Japan; Clarissa Moughrabi, Head of Research, Axel Springer, Germany; Chia Lun Huang, Director of Transformation and Learning, Commonwealth Magazine, Chinese Taipei; Julia Raphaely, CEO, Associated Media Publishing, South Africa; Larry Hackett, Managing Partner, 10Ten Media, USA; and Krifka Steffey, Director, Merchandise, Newsstand, Barnes & Noble, USA.
- Across all three days: Meet with publishers such as Axel Springer, Immediate Media Co., Future, Meredith, and others in our Media City expo theatre, where they will be ready throughout our time at the Congress to talk to you about collaborative and partnership opportunities.
Some of the speakers from adjacent industries who will also join us in Vegas:
- Ting Cai, Partner Director of Product and Technology, Microsoft. Ting will speak about the good, bad and ugly of data usage, as seen from a big tech perspective.
- Jill Wilson, SVP Game Development, Jam City, USA. She will join a panel discussion on the communities that form in the gaming sector, and what media brands can learn from them.
- Alvaro Paes de Barros, Head of Studio, YouTube Spaces, USA. Alvaro will speak about community development through collaborations.
- Mia Stellberg, Olympics and e-Sports Coach, Finland. Mia will share insights into the techniques she uses to motivate top sports and e-sports stars and how this may be of value in your day-to-day business.
- Anita Zielina, Director of News Innovation and Leadership, Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY, USA. Anita will join us for a panel discussion on AI in the media.
See the agenda for more speakers and topics (note: the agenda remains subject to change). Join hundreds of your colleagues from around the world by signing up now to benefit from our final discounted rate. This offer ends soon.
See you at the FIPP World Media Congress in Las Vegas in November!
More like this
The FIPP World Media Congress is going online for the first time in its 95-year-old history, running over four weeks from 2-30 September 2020.21st May 2020 FIPP News
With advertising taking flight during coronavirus uncertainty, publishers have reported not only up-ticks in subscriptions but in other activities such as e-commerce too.17th May 2020 FIPP News
The post lockdown or intermittent lockdown world will provide a blend of challenges and opportunities for media organisations. Many long-held business assumptions, strategies and product offerings will require re-evaluation and thought.15th May 2020 FIPP News
Join us for a free webinar with Mather Economics and Atlantic Media, where we will discuss how to use data-driven pricing strategies, and some other tips, to help you grow subscription revenues.7th May 2020 FIPP News
With countries around the world beginning to ease restrictions, the thoughts of many in the magazine media industry are turning to when and how, and if they will return to the office.2nd Jun 2020 Features
British Vogue has dedicated its July issue to ‘the new front line’, producing three unique covers featuring keyworkers from the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic. The three cover stars include Midwife, Rachel Millar, London Overground Driver, Narguis Horsford, and Supermarket Assistant, Anisa Omar.2nd Jun 2020 Industry News
The pace of change has never been this fast, yet it will never be this slow again.” Such has been the speed of disruption in the publishing industry in recent years, that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s words at the 2019 World Economic Forum in Davos could have been written specifically for it.2nd Jun 2020 Insight News
On 20 May, Travel + Leisure magazine hosted a webinar looking at the luxury travel sector, both now and after Covid-19. A panel of editors from international editions around the world also examined how the magazine is tailoring its traditional content offering to meet the needs of audiences during the global lockdown.1st Jun 2020 Features
In the most recent FIPP Insider webinar, leading voices from Dow Jones spoke on some of the opportunities and challenges now facing publishers in a world of intermittent lockdowns. You can view the webinar in full below.1st Jun 2020 Insight News
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next