At the 42nd FIPP World Media Congress, Las Vegas, 12-14 November, a number of speakers will shine a spotlight on the future of magazines. Below is a taste of what you can expect, from a specific magazine media perspective to insights from other industry segments.
Sign up for the FIPP World Media Congress today to benefit from our last discounted rate, before the final rate kicks in soon.
Some of the people who will share experiences and insights from their respective worlds of magazines.
- 12 November: Bonnie Kintzer, CEO, Trusted Media Brands, USA Tyler Brûlé, Editor in Chief, Monocle, UK; Kate Lewis, Chief Content Officer, Hearst Magazines, USA.
- 13 November: Yulia Boyle, SVP, Global Media and Experiences; National Geographic Partners, USA: Paula Mageste, Independent Editor and Publisher, Brazil; Teresa Elizalde, Editor in Chief, Magazine Group, La Nacion, Argentina; and Srini Balasubramanian, Managing Director, Ananda Vikatan Publishers, India.
- 14 November: Liz Vaccariello, Editor in Chief, Meredith Parents Network, USA; DW Pine III, Creative Director, TIME, USA; Teruyuki Kitabatake, Editor-in-Chief and Director, Manga Magazines, Shueisha, Japan; Clarissa Moughrabi, Head of Research, Axel Springer, Germany; Chia Lun Huang, Director of Transformation and Learning, Commonwealth Magazine, Chinese Taipei; Julia Raphaely, CEO, Associated Media Publishing, South Africa; Larry Hackett, Managing Partner, 10Ten Media, USA; and Krifka Steffey, Director, Merchandise, Newsstand, Barnes & Noble, USA.
- Across all three days: Meet with publishers such as Axel Springer, Immediate Media Co., Future, Meredith, and others in our Media City expo theatre, where they will be ready throughout our time at the Congress to talk to you about collaborative and partnership opportunities.
Some of the speakers from adjacent industries who will also join us in Vegas:
- Ting Cai, Partner Director of Product and Technology, Microsoft. Ting will speak about the good, bad and ugly of data usage, as seen from a big tech perspective.
- Jill Wilson, SVP Game Development, Jam City, USA. She will join a panel discussion on the communities that form in the gaming sector, and what media brands can learn from them.
- Alvaro Paes de Barros, Head of Studio, YouTube Spaces, USA. Alvaro will speak about community development through collaborations.
- Mia Stellberg, Olympics and e-Sports Coach, Finland. Mia will share insights into the techniques she uses to motivate top sports and e-sports stars and how this may be of value in your day-to-day business.
- Anita Zielina, Director of News Innovation and Leadership, Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at CUNY, USA. Anita will join us for a panel discussion on AI in the media.
See the agenda for more speakers and topics (note: the agenda remains subject to change). Join hundreds of your colleagues from around the world by signing up now to benefit from our final discounted rate. This offer ends soon.
See you at the FIPP World Media Congress in Las Vegas in November!
More like this
From Wednesday (12 February) to Friday (14 February -- Valentine's Day!) you will get not only a discount of €1,000/ticket on Congress 2020 tickets, but also one night for free in a top hotel near the event venue.10th Feb 2020 FIPP News
In 2020, the 43rd edition of the FIPP World Media Congress, will take place in picturesque Estoril, Portugal on 15 and 16 September (within Opening Night on 14 September).5th Feb 2020 FIPP News
To be launched on 24 March at the DIS2020 (Digital Innovators' Summit) in Berlin, Innovation in Media 2020-21 World Report focuses on human capital and monetisation.3rd Feb 2020 FIPP News
There are now only HOURS left to sign up for DIS2020 in Berlin with our exclusive Early Bird offer, shaving 400€ per ticket off the eventual rate! This offer ends on Friday 31 January.30th Jan 2020 FIPP News
FIPP has today launched a new podcast, filled with news, insights, and opinions from around the media world. The first season will feature four episodes, each hosting different voices from across the industry.24th Feb 2020 Features
Furniture and décor online destination Wayfair has launched CosmoLiving by Cosmopolitan in the UK, in a brand licensing partnership with Hearst and Dorel, brokered by IMG.24th Feb 2020 Industry News
Scott Lamb explains Medium’s publishing strength and the centrality of building relationships between readers and editorial entities. He also looks back at his time at BuzzFeed and offers his views on how venture-backed media entities, like BuzzFeed and Vice, might evolve in the future.24th Feb 2020 Features
As of March 1, 2020, Axel Springer will establish an international sales unit to market its more than 70 international media brands across countries and brands.24th Feb 2020 Industry News
"Social Media in the Middle East: 2019 in review" covers the latest stories, trends and research in social media usage from across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The report is authored by Professor Damian Radcliffe, and PhD student Hadil Abuhmaid, at the University of Oregon.24th Feb 2020 Insight News
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next