With nearly 800 delegates and more than 90 speakers confirmed, delegates will be among a world of participants at the FIPP World Congress in Toronto, Canada.
• See the latest Congress speaker programme online
• See how/where to follow FIPP for news updates from speaker sessions
• Find out about social events, including Congress Opening, Late and Closing, Spouse Tours and Tour to the Niagara Falls (pre-booked)
• Toronto weather forecast on weather.com
Toronto is said to be one of the most diverse cities in the world, and with the diversity comes plenty of things to do in and around the city! Get know Toronto with FIPP.com’s Toronto destination guides:
• Time Out’s official FIPP World Congress Guide to Toronto
• Toronto Insider (17 February): A beginner’s guide
• Toronto Insider (6 March): Poutine – it’s not British; it’s not American…
• Toronto Insider (20 March): Take a walk on the wild side
• Toronto Insider (14 April): From warehouses to tequila bars
• Toronto Insider (15 May): Dear Yorkville
• Toronto Insider (16 June): Head downtown. Wait a minute…
• Toronto Insider (23 July): Head to the beach…
• Toronto Insider (3 August): Look to the East: The Distillery District
• Toronto Insider (14 August): What PamAm visitors want you to know
• Toronto Insider (29 September): A taste of Toronto
If you have a Worldwide Media Marketplace (WMM) or All-inclusive FIPP Congress ticket, activity starts at 08:15 on the 13th with registration for WMM.
To those unfamiliar with WMM, it is an event dedicated to doing business. With no speaker sessions, delegates gather to discuss potential cross-border brand licensing, syndication and other partnership deals.
The key to a successful WMM is to book meetings with other participants in advance of the event. When you registered for one of the WMM or All-inclusive FIPP Congress tickets, login to the WMM Diary to see who else will be at WMM and book your meetings.
FIPP World Congress Opening
Everyone – regardless if you have a WMM, All-inclusive Congress or Congress-only ticket – are invited to join us for the Congress Opening, a hoedown held at the Evergreen Brickworks, hosted by UPM.
Buses depart from the Sheraton (the Congress hotel) at 18:30 and will return to the hotel from 23:00-00:30.
The Opening is a country-themed, informal social event designed for meeting people, networking and being entertained. Tip: get your barn dance shoes on, be ready to tackle a bucking bronco and to generally just have fun.
14 and 15 October
Coffee will be available from 08:00, with the official programme starting at 08:45 on both days and ending at 18:00 on the 14th and around 18:15 on the 15th.
Plan the sessions you want to attend in advance, in particular where we have the FIPP Congress and FIPP Mobile streams (14 October) and FIPP Congress and FIPP Innovation streams (15 October) running concurrently between the morning and afternoon coffee breaks.
Tip: Best is to block out sessions to attend as there will not be time to move from one stream to another in between individual sessions. For example, attend all the sessions in the morning Congress block and all the sessions in the afternoon FIPP Mobile block.
Networking, socialising and meeting exhibitors:
There will be plenty of networking opportunity during the morning, lunch and afternoon programme breaks. You are of course welcome to spend more time in the Expo Area and adjacent Beaver Lodge, meeting with exhibitors, networking or just to relax.
We will have networking drinks at 18:00, before people depart for independently arranged dinners, parties and other activities.
At 21:30 we will be at the Rock ‘n Horse Saloon for Congress Late, an informal get together where you can kick back, socialise with colleagues from around the world and have some fun.
Buses will depart for the Congress Closing event from the venue, at 18:45. The closing takes place at Ripley’s Aquarium and the CN Tower, one of Toronto’s most iconic landmarks. This will be the final opportunity to gather with your fellow Congress delegates, and what a show it will be not only with food, drinks and plenty of socialising but also to first immerse yourself in an aquatic world before scaling to dizzy heights in the CN Tower!
For those who have joined to join us and other colleagues on the tour to the Niagara Falls, buses will depart from the Sheraton at 09:00 and return to the hotel at 17:00. Bring shades and if you had a good time the night before and remember your phone/camera! The rest you can leave up to us.
We’re looking forward to meeting you in Toronto.
More like this