MaXposure Media Group buys back stake from Gruner and Jahr

The Johari Family, which started MaXposure in 2006, sold 78.75 per cent stake to Gruner + Jahr in 2011. The remaining 21.25 per cent was held by MaXposure’s co-founder, Prakash Johari. 

“The Johari Family has bought back the business of MaXposure Media Group from Gruner + Jahr (the publishing division of European media conglomerate Bertelsmann) for an undisclosed amount,” the company said in a statement. 

Sources said the deal is worth €5.25m (approx. Rs 40 crore). 

After the acquisition, MaXposure Media Group will solely be owned by the Johari family

Read the rest of this story at The Economic Times

Gruner + Jahr is a FIPP member company.

We recently launched the new (in beta, while doing live testing and refinements). The relaunch is not only about look and feel, but even more so about us providing a platform to further enable the sharing of ideas, insights and opinions within our global network. If you have a story to tell, or are interested in contributing to on a regular basis, get in touch with our communications manager, Amy Duffin.

Your first step to joining FIPP's global community of media leaders

Sign up to FIPP World x