[Download] Innovation in Media 2020-21 World Report editors’ note
It’s pointless. This entire book. All of the great innovations in the world are pointless if we are not doing a fantastic job at hiring, training, motivating, retaining, recognising, and promoting talented, committed people.
Very, very few of us are.
At least that is what we have discovered in both our global consulting business and in our research for this book.
We and FIPP hear the same refrain over and over and over again from publishers everywhere: They can’t find and keep top talent!
Well, guess whose fault that is?!
Download the full editor’s letter here.
To be launched on 1 April, the Innovation in Media 2020-21 World Report focuses on human capital and monetisation.
***FIPP Insider Webinar: Join us to hear from author John Wilpers as we launch the 2020-21 edition of the FIPP Innovation in Media Report. The webinar takes place on Thursday 16 April, 2pm London time. Book your place here.***
Innovation in Media 2020-21 World Report story line-up
1. Can’t Find & Keep Talent? 10 steps to Solve the Human Capital Conundrum: After revenue, the biggest challenge media companies must overcome is how to attract, train, and retain talent. FIPP surveys and anecdotal reports always place the human capital challenge at the top of media company most difficult problems. We take a look at companies that are succeeding in getting the talent, and keeping that talent happy and challenged.
2. Use 4-5 of these 14 Business Models and Sleep at Night! The single most important challenge facing media today is still revenue, in particular reader revenue. But the good news is that Innovation Media Consulting, authors of the report, have identified 14 innovative and successful business models.
3. How to Ride the Podcasting Wave and Actually Make Money: There has been an onslaught of stories about successful podcasts (both in terms of audiences and revenue). Is it too late for you to ride this wave? Not at all. Here’s what you need to do to create compelling stories, get found, and make money?
4. Don’t Lose Focus on Our Mission: Creativity in Content and Design: With all the talk about revenue, technology, ad fraud, human capital, Bitcoin, etc., it’s easy to get distracted from our mission: Creating great content and design. The Innovation Report will highlight the best creativity in content.
5. Not Going Green Yet? Uh-oh! The global focus on the “greening” of industry has come to media. The Report takes a look at the companies that are appealing to younger audiences in particular with innovative ways of doing our business in an environmentally friendly fashion.
6. Offbeat/Print Innovations: It wouldn’t be FIPP’s Innovation in Media World Report without the ever-popular, ever-surprising Offbeat chapter!
About the Innovation Media Consulting
The Innovation Report is written for FIPP every year by Innovation Media Consulting, a global consultancy helping publishers succeed in the digital age. The report author is John Wilpers, senior director USA of Innovation Media Consulting, and it is edited by Juan Señor, senior partner.
More like this
Pre-order Innovation in Media 2020-21 World Report and save 15%