The 13th edition of DIS, Europe’s premier event focused on innovation in digital media, takes place on 24-25 March in Berlin. Here are five reasons (and a little extra) why you should act now to join us in Berlin.
1. Hear stories from those who lead and those who do.The DIS agenda brings together not only people in the top tiers of media but also practitioners who are experts at their craft. People like Refinery29 co-founder Philippe von Borries, who at DIS2020 will speak about building a multi-million-dollar-digital media business, and Dave Jorgenson, who will explain how he has built up a cult Tik-Tok following for The Washington Post. See the list of speakers added so far.
2. DIS brings you an agenda covering a range of cutting-edge topics, from multiple markets. From issues such as organisational culture and the future of work to insight into media companies, across various markets, finding success with digital subscription revenues. From considering the risk to media of deep fakes to what Google is doing to promote online safety. From lessons for publishers from the world of streaming services to insight into how companies such as VICE Media and Vogel Communications (B2B) constantly evolve. And so much more. See the preliminary agenda.
Some of the businesses and brands you will hear from at DIS2020:
3. If there is one thing no digital service can replicate, it is the opportunity for people to meet one-to-one, face-to-face. Meeting colleagues from around the world is as much part of the DIS experience as its agenda and speakers. Several attendees who have attended over the years will by now know each other well. Newcomers will have ample time to introduce themselves and join in with the conversation. It’s business, of course, but it is and should also be fun.
4. Be there for the launch of FIPP/IMC’s Innovation in Media World Report 2020/21. By now an institution at DIS, Innovation Media Consulting’s John Wilpers, editor of the book, will be on stage to share insight into the media world’s top innovations and innovation trends. What’s more, each delegate will receive a free digital copy of the book. For those who want it in a tangible form, print, there will be copies available at a hugely discounted rate (60€ versus the regular price of roughly 155€).
5. Number five is, well, two reasons, actually. One is the DIS host city of Berlin, one of the most cosmopolitan, vibrant and iconic cities in the modern world. Two is you will get all of this, provided you book by Friday, at a discounted rate saving you €400 per every ticket you purchase. It all adds up! Sign up here before this Early Bird offer ends on Friday, 31 January.
We hope to see you in Berlin in March!
More like this