The FIPP World Media Trends Magazine Media Report outlines new metrics for media based on the 360 degree picture of surging traffic from not only print and PC-based traffic but also mobile, video, tablet and social media traffic associated with media brands.
The Special Report looks at magazine media revenue patterns country by country according to the latest statistics from ZenithOptimedia and PwC as well as the new all-encompassing metrics from MPA in the US.
Case studies include Vice Media’s well financed and profitable success story.
Other highlights from the report:
– Top ten markets for magazines and overall adspend (in rankings and US$ million): USA; China; Japan; Germany; UK; Brazil; France; South Korea; Australia and Canada (source: ZenithOptimedia)
– Publishers’ digital strategies will drive revenue outside of digital magazine editions, according to PwC
– Global print circulation will account for 85.2 per cent of total consumer circulation by 2019 (PwC)
– Website access of content will continue to climb, according to PwC
– Top ten US magazine brands by total brand audience according to MPA (July 2015): ESPN The Magazine; People; Better Homes and Gardens; Time; Forbes; Allrecipes; AARP; Sports Illustrated; National Geographic; Bloomberg Businessweek
Magazine Media is seventh in a series of deep-dive special reports from FIPP Insight and World Newsmedia Network (WNMN). Each report is packed with data charts, commentary on trends and practical, useable case studies.
Reports in the series are:
2. Social media
To compile the reports, WNMN sources evidence-based data from sources around the world, analyses the data and provides commentary on top trends identified, trends you should be considering in your business today.
Subscribe to the monthly FIPP Insight newsletter or visit FIPP.com/Insight for news on upcoming reports and for any queries about this report and ones to follow. Contact FIPP’s Head of Insight, Helen Bland or call +44 7404 4169.
This report is sponsored by brand partner PressReader.
Contact John Schlaefli for commercial opportunities with our FIPP Insight Special Reports.
More like this