FIPP President and CEO steps down
In announcing the move Erwin Reisch, president & CEO of Alfons Gentner Verlag and current chairman of FIPP’s management board said:
“This is very much Chris’s decision and the Board appreciates the amount of notice he has given the organisation to allow for a smooth transition. On behalf of the Board I would also very much like to acknowledge the enormous strides FIPP has made during his tenure, reflecting the transformation we are seeing in the magazine media industry that FIPP serves. His knowledge, experience and strong leadership skills will be missed, but we wish him well for his future plans.”
FIPP is now commencing the selection process to recruit his successor, a role that is invested with broad responsibilities and authority. Candidates, who will need to demonstrate leadership skills, will be expected to direct and coordinate all activities of the association, in accordance with the goals and objectives as agreed by the Board. They will build membership revenues and deliver benefits and services in line with FIPP targets.
FIPP is looking for someone who:
• Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, the international magazine media industry.
• Has the strategic vision and market understanding to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing media industry.
• Can lead the small team, develop the organisation, and deliver results within tight budget constraints and to deadline.
• Can establish and maintain positive working relationships with media owners, national associations, executives and associate members across the globe; understanding local sensitivities and restrictions in particular territories.
• Is prepared to travel extensively for this role.
Applications for the position are now open – see the advertisement here. If you think you possess the skills to take on this challenging and rewarding role, you can email the company secretary, Helen Bland at email@example.com with your CV and cover letter answering why the Board should consider you as a suitable applicant. The deadline for applications is 31st March, 2017.