The exclusive FIPP World Media Congress is the largest global gathering of its kind for magazine media publishers from around the world. It is the place where influential international publishers gather to share knowledge, build business contacts and friendships and do business.
The 42nd FIPP World Congress is now a little over one month away, taking place from 1 pm on 12 November to 1 pm on 14 November at the newly refurbished Planet Hollywood resort in Las Vegas, the USA. There are many reasons to attend.
Hear from leading speakers at organisations and brands such as:
- Aller Media, Norway; Associated Media, South Africa; Axel Springer, Germany
- BAFTA LA, USA; BBC, UK; Condé Nast, USA; Dennis, UK; Dow Jones, USA and Hong Kong;
- Forbes Media, USA; Google, USA; Hearst Magazines, USA; Hubert Burda Media, Germany;
- Immediate Media, UK; La Nacion, Argentina; Media Convergence, Australia;
- Meredith Corporation, USA; Microsoft; USA Monocle, UK; National Geographic, USA;
- Nylon, USA; Politico, Belgium and USA; Schibsted, Norway; Shueisha, Japan;
- Trusted Media Brands, USA; Vikatan Publishers, India; TIME, USA; YouTube, USA; and more…
The agenda runs over two days, starting from 1pm on 12 November and ending again at 1pm on 14 November. More than 70 speakers will be on stage, discussing topics such as:
- Overall organisational transformation to preparing for the next 3+ years
- A range of revenue models including subscriptions, events and others
- Content optimisation and storytelling in the 2020s
- Investment, private equity and media ownership
- People: leadership and motivation
- Tech and media: data, AI, 5G and more
- Politics, platforms, media and audience trust
- A look elsewhere: Lessons from the movies, video, gaming and podcasting
- Magazine media: from covers to engagement to audience research, to distribution, and what we expect to come next
From 7 pm to 9 pm on 12 November we have our Opening Drinks and Awards ceremony, an ideal opportunity to mingle and meet fellow delegates in a relaxed, social environment. All delegates are welcome to attend.
The speaker stages are all set around the hub of the event where delegates can explore the palm tree lined “FIPP Strip”, showcasing the latest innovations, thought leadership and practical solutions to every business need. Complete with its own bar, street entertainers and media city stage the FIPP Strip offers a wealth of opportunity to cultivate new ideas and form partnerships. Each stand is uniquely themed with a Vegas twist and a few surprises.
Delegates can formalise their networking by searching and pre-booking meetings in a dedicated area across the whole event using our deal room platform. This functionality will be available two weeks in advance of the Congress. Join us in Vegas!
More like this
As we continue to finalise speakers for DIS2020 in Berlin, Germany, this is a reminder you can save €600/ticket on standard delegate rates if you sign up before our exclusive special pre-agenda offer ends.25th Nov 2019 FIPP News
Carlo Mandelli, General Manager of Magazines Italy at the Mondadori Group, has been elected as the new Chairman of FIPP – Connecting Global Media.14th Nov 2019 FIPP News
LONDON, U.K. and LAS VEGAS, Nevada. Nov. 13, 2019 // FIPP – Connecting Global Media, is pleased to announce a new brand identity, unveiled at the FIPP World Media Congress in Las Vegas, 12-14 November 2019.13th Nov 2019 FIPP News
LONDON, UK and LAS VEGAS, Nevada, November 12, 2019 // FIPP – Connecting Global Media, is proud to announce the FIPP World Media Congress 2020, which will take place in Estoril, Portugal, from 15-16 September, 2020, with the Opening Reception on the night of 14 September.12th Nov 2019 FIPP News
The bedrock for building pillars to new revenue opportunities remains good content, Jonathan Wright, Global Managing Director at Dow Jones in Hong Kong told delegates on the first day of the 42nd FIPP World Media Congress in Las Vegas.2nd Dec 2019 Features
Visit our Youtube channelFIND OUT MORE
FIPP newsletters allow you to keep up with industry trends, research, training and events across the worldFIND OUT MORE
What’s happening now, what’s coming next