First look at DIS 2020 agenda
Take this opportunity for a first look at the agenda for DIS2020 (innovators-summit.com) and to save, if you haven’t already, when you register with our limited Early Bird discount offer, ending soon.
Join Philippe von Borries, co-founder of Refinery29, a host of other speakers and some 600 top-level media colleagues from Europe and beyond for DIS2020. It takes place on Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 March in Berlin, Germany.
– See the preliminary agenda for DIS2020 here
– See the list of confirmed speakers (note: not all added yet)
– Save by signing up now with our Early Bird discount offer, ending very soon
DIS, of which 2020 is the 13th edition, is Europe’s premier digital media event for publishers.
Some of the latest confirmed agenda topics and speakers are:
– What does it take to build a multi-million-dollar digital media business from the ground up? Philippe von Borries, who, as we mentioned above, is a co-founder of Refenery29, sold to VICE in late 2019 in a deal reported to be worth around $400 million. He’ll share his experiences with the audience at DIS2020.
– Erica Anderson is executive producer, content and partnerships for Kara Swisher at Vox Media and a former Googler and Twitter exec. She will talk about channel-specific and cross-channel innovation in media.
– The Washington Post has jumped on Tik-Tok in a big way. Dave Jorgenson, producer and writer – creative video, has developed a distinct Post voice for the platform. He will share his experiences at DIS.
– Former National Geographic Partners CEO and now head of international at Wondery, Declan Moore, will join us in Berlin to discuss how SME publishers can develop podcasting revenue streams through international licensing.
– What lessons can publishers learn from the battle for eyeballs among streaming services? Soumya Sriraman, president of Britbox, will discuss how storytelling, user experience and revenue models all play a role in the battle for streaming supremacy.
Other confirmed speakers include:
1. Matthias Bauer, CEO, Vogel Communication Group, Germany
2. Corbin DeRubertis, Head of Innovation, Meredith Corporation, USA
3. Doris Ke, CEO and Founder, Business of Women, China
4. Jim Gray, Director, Trust and Safety, Google, USA
5. Philippe Schmidt, Chief Transformation Officer, Prisma Media, France
6. Hazel Baker, Global Head of UCG Newsgathering, Reuters, UK
7. Anita Zielina, director of news innovation and leadership, Craig Newmark Journalism School, The City University New York, USA
See more speakers here (note: not all speakers are listed yet) and see the preliminary agenda (subject to change) here. Join us to learn from and meet with media movers and shakers from more than thirty countries at DIS2020.
Sign up today to save with our Early Bird offer, soon to end.
All the best for 2020 from the DIS team and see you in March!