No better place than Dubai as media change gathers pace
That is why you should be at FIPP’s Middle East & Africa conference, taking place in less than a month from now – from 10-11 February – in Dubai.
It will be the first time since 2010 that FIPP is back in Dubai with one of our world-class media events and FIPP Middle East & Africa is an opportunity to take stock of realities driving business in the region, within the context of media developments sweeping the world.
If you have not yet registered for FIPP Middle East & Africa, now is the time before it’s too late.
With a programme packed with presentations, panel discussions and specialist masterclasses (in a separate, specialist stream running alongside main stage sessions), you and your colleagues will come away, inspired, with deep insights and armed with top-notch ideas to implement in your businesses back home. Programme topics include:
1. Media transformation and revitalisation, including results of interviews with top media CEOs around the world conducted exclusively for FIPP by global media expert Peter Kreisky – identifying key characteristics driving change at the most successful media companies today. You will also hear from top CEOs in our View from the Top panel, which will be conducted by FIPP President and CEO Chris Llewellyn and includes leaders from Motivate Publishing, CNBC Africa/Forbes Africa and Hearst
2. The most spectacular media innovations of the past year from FIPP and Innovation Media Consulting’s (IMC) FIPP Innovation in Media World Report – presented by IMC’s Alvaro Triana
3. Top trends for worldwide magazine media in 2016, including a masterclass presented by Dr. Samir Husni (aka “Mr. Magazine”) on “How to make print work in a digital world”
4. Key developments in online and mobile media, including a presentation from Google on “The future of mobile and content players’ place within this world”, among others
5. Developing business opportunities, including a spectacular Time Inc. native advertising case, top tips from cvent and GN Publishing for developing and boosting your events business and insights into cross-border business and brand opportunities as a means for growth (including a masterclass presented by a worldwide expert in the field)
6. Deep consumer and B2B market insights, including sessions focused on emerging markets in general, the UAE and other Middle East markets and Africa from the likes of the India Today Group, Bloomberg Media, PwC and others. See where the opportunities are, hear how to overcome challenges
7. Several practical case studies packed with hands-on tips, including print, digital and multi-platform developments. You will hear from the likes of GN Publishing, Dubai Lynx, 7AWI, Nervora, Ringier Africa, Media24 and more
Ready to be inspired? Then sign up for FIPP Middle East & Africa today. Simply click here and follow the easy steps to register or contact Claire Jones for help.
Hear, learn and be inspired by some 35 business leaders, practitioners and experts from the Middle East, Africa and other markets around the world. They include (you can also see the speaker profiles so far made available here):
1. Ashish Bagga, Group CEO, The India Today Group, India
2. Ian Fairservice, Owner, Motivate Publishing, UAE
3. James Hewes, Publishing Director, GN Publishing, UAE – there’s an interview with him here
4. Marcus Rich, CEO, Time Inc. UK
5. Duncan Edwards, President and CEO, Hearst Magazines International, USA
6. Peter Kreisky, Chairman, The Kreisky Media Consultancy, USA
7. Dr. Samir Husni (aka “Mr. Magazine”), Founder and Director of the Magazine Innovation Center, University of Mississippi, USA – there’s an interview with him here and a profile piece here
8. Alexander Bregman, Strategic Partnerships Development Manager, Google, France
9. Anas Abbar, CEO and Co-founder, 7AWI, UAE – there’s an interview with him here
10. Shashi Menon, Founder and CEO, and Nick Gonzalez, Co-founder, Nervora, UAE
11. Richard Breeden, CEO, MEED, UAE
12. Emma Farmer, Festival Director, Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity, UAE – there’s an interview with her here
13. Abdulsalam Haykal, Founder and Chairman, Haykal Media, UAE
14. Mohamed Alomar, MD, Saudi Specialized Publishing Company and Editor-in-Chief of Robb Report Arabia, Saudi Arabia
15. Justin Dewhirst, EMEA General Manager, Bloomberg Media, UK
16. Alvaro Triana, Senior Consultant, Innovation Media Consulting, Columbia
17. Linus Gitahi, independent advisor, Kenya
18. Julian Artopé, Director, Ringier Africa, Kenya
19. Sid Wahi, Director, ABN Publishing (with interests in CNBC Africa / Forbes Africa), South Africa
20. Charles Stuart, Associate Director, PwC, South Africa
21. Suzy Brokensha, Editor-in-Chief, Fairly Lady and Lose It, Media24, South Africa – there’s an interview with her here
22. Jim Jacovides, SVP, International Licensing and Development, Time Inc., USA
23. Tim Hudson, Director of International Licensing and Syndication, Immediate Media Co., UK
24. John Cabell, CEO and Founder, and Mike Greehan, COO and Partner, Cue Ball LLC, USA
25. Chris Llewellyn, President and CEO, FIPP – see what he wrote about FIPP Middle East & Africa here
Join them at FIPP Middle East & Africa in Dubai – sign up today
Attendees at FIPP events are from consumer and B2B media, agencies, service providers and others with an interest in the media industry. They include senior executive managers, commercial, editorial/content and other managers, and specialists in their fields.
FIPP Middle East & Africa is a premium event, attended by delegates from around the world (delegates from some 15 countries have already registered). The quality of the audience will allow for excellent face-to-face networking opportunities, often as important as the programme itself at events!
Do not miss out – click here to book your place, today.
For more information, visit fippmea.com and/or contact FIPP’s Head of Events, Claire Jones.
We hope to see you at FIPP Middle East & Africa in Dubai!
More like this
FIPP Middle East & Africa update: shaping up to be truly multi-market
25 speakers so far confirmed for FIPP Middle East & Africa
FIPP Middle East & Africa event programme now live. Book today to save
Spotlight on Middle East & Africa media in international context