Below are updates on where we are with the programme, speakers and other DIS experiences. First a few practical things to highlight, though:
- If you haven’t booked for DIS 2016, our standard rate is available until 15 March – go here to find out more. DIS 2016 takes place from 20-22 March
- Discounts are available for delegations of five or more people. Simply get in touch with Anja Mumm for more on this
- If you wish (or have registered and still wish) to participate in one of our add-on experiences: There are unfortunately no more places left for DIS Opening Drinks and DIS Late Redefined, but limited places remain for the Meet the Founder and Alternative Berlin Tours on Sunday, 20 March, and DIS Late Refined on 21 March – book for these on the DIS registration page.
- Only a few, select sponsor opportunities remain. To take advantage of these remaining opportunities, get in touch with John Schlaefli and/or Lutz Druege urgently.
- Don’t forget the Digital Innovators’ Tour to the USA in April. Get more information here. Note that more than half the places have now been sold out, so if you wish to join, it will be better to act sooner than later.
The programme and speakers
Over the years, the DIS has been established as the place in Europe to hear about the future of media and technology from the innovators who are driving change. They help delegates make sense of opportunities available and to come, and how to make digital innovations count.
Made up of three presenter stages, the 2016 programme features speakers from pure plays, platforms, legacy newspaper and magazine media groups/brands, solution providers and specialist experts in their fields.
There will be individual presentations, panel discussions, fireside chats and deep-dive masterclasses. Here are some of the speakers with the broad themes they’ll discuss:
- Digital transformation, market expansion and investing in digital growth: Hearst, Schibsted, Centaur Media, Axel Springer, Ringier, Immediate Media Co. and Holtzbrinck Digital
- Platforms, distributed content, audience engagement and data: Facebook, Twitter (emphasis on live video, with Periscope), Google (with an emphasis on the AMP Project), BILD, Financial Times, Atavist, The Economist, GE, Contently and Blackwood Seven
- Media, tech, product and storytelling innovation: The Brown Institute for Media Innovation at Stanford University, the Reuters Institute of Journalism at Oxford University, Mic, Refinery29, The Next Web, Buro 24/7, Innovation Media Consulting Group, Time Inc., Hubert Burda Media and Wearable IoT World, National Geographic, BuzzFeed Open Labs, The New Yorker, Paris Match, USC Annenberg School for Communications and Journalism, Axel Springer’s upday and OneFootball
- Monetisation strategies: Razorfish, Mediacom, The New York Times’ T-Brand Studio, Golf Digest (with an emphasis on video), G+J, Sourcepoint, The Media Trust, The Rubicon Project, SAP, Vindicia, CeleraOne, LaterPay, PressReader and Southern Methodist University
Executives from media businesses, technology innovators and solution providers converge at DIS to share ideas, learn about emerging trends and see new concepts in action.
Attracting 600-700 senior executives from more than 35 countries who congregate in Berlin, a vibrant, always evolving city that is also at the heart of Europe’s startup culture.
With the event a premium conference, DIS attracts a quality audience and with plenty of opportunity for networking, this is as compelling a reason for joining us in Berlin as is the Summit programme.
Apart from the top-notch programme and international speakers, delegates also have the option to book for add-on experiences such as:
- Our Meet the Founder Tour of Berlin Startups or Alternative Berlin Experience (both on Sunday afternoon 20 March) – limited spaces still available – read more here
- Opening Drinks (Sunday evening 20 March) – unfortunately now sold out
- DIS Late Refined or DIS Late Redefined (Monday evening 21 March) – a few places remaining for DIS Late Refined only
Haven’t booked for DIS 2016 yet?
Join delegates already confirmed from companies such as Axel Springer, Bloomberg, Bonnier Media, Boston Consulting Group, Condé Nast, Dennis Publishing, Facebook, FT, G+J, Google, Hearst, Jaunt, Liquid Newsroom, Media24, Mic, National Geographic, Refinery29, Salesforce, Sanoma, SAP, Schibsted, Spiegel, Taboola, The Economist, The New York Times, Time Inc., Times Media Group, Twitter and Xing, to name a few. Read testimonials from previous attendees here, and see videos and photos from previous events.
Join us now
More like this