FIPP ME&A: An international media conference focused on the Middle East and Africa
Note discounted, pre-agenda delegate bookings end on 31 October. See more on booking options below.
FIPP runs several events around the world each year, including regional events focused on Asia-Pacific and Ibero America. The last time FIPP was in Dubai was more than five years ago, then with its Worldwide Media Marketplace – the meeting place for media stakeholders to discuss cross-border business and do deals.
As a global media network, FIPP represents many of the leading media companies worldwide including the likes of Axel Springer, Bauer, Condé Nast, GN Publishing, Hearst, India Today Group, Motivate, Media24, National Geographic, The Economist, Time Inc. and more.
About FIPP ME&A
The FIPP ME&A programme will bring together local, regional and international speakers to discuss prevailing regional and international media trends, consider strategic and hands-on media innovations, share best practice case studies and more.
Several speakers have already been confirmed for FIPP ME&A in Dubai, with more to come in coming weeks. They include:
• Annas Abbar, CEO and co-founder, 7AWI.com (UAE)
• Adam Freeman, managing director, Bloomberg Media EMEA (UK)
• Emma Farmer, festival director, Dubai Media Lynx (UAE)
• James Hewes, publishing director, GN Publishing (UAE)
• India Today Group (India) (Speaker to be confirmed)
• Juan Señor and John Wilpers, Innovation Media Consulting (UK and USA)
• Dr. Samir Husni, founder and director, Magazine Innovation Center, University of Mississippi (USA)
• Suzy Brokensha, editor-in-chief, Fairlady and Lose it, Media24 (South Africa)
• Linus Gitahi, advisor to the board, Nation Media Group (Kenya)
• Peter Kreisky, chairman, The Kreisky Media Consultancy (USA)
• Marcus Rich, CEO, Time Inc. UK (UK)
FIPP ME&A is organised by FIPP, in association with GN Publishing in the UAE.
Chris Llewellyn, president and CEO of FIPP, says of FIPP ME&A: “It’s been more than five years since FIPP has held an event in Dubai – a time when there was no iPad, or digital newsstands, or programmatic and native advertising, no Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, or Snapchat, and the biggest selling smartphone was a Nokia.
“So much has changed, and if anything the rate of change for the industry has become even faster. It’s more than appropriate, therefore, that FIPP returns to Dubai to bring together publishers of the Middle East, Africa and beyond to discuss the issues of the regions while also learning from top international speakers how the industry is adapting.
“I invite you to join me in Dubai to hear and learn from some amazing speakers from all round the region and the world how the industry is adapting, innovating and thriving in a rapidly changing media world.”
James Hewes, publishing director of GN Publishing, says: “We are delighted to be hosting the media industry in the Middle East, one of the world’s most exciting and fastest-growing media markets. The opportunities presented by this and the Africa region’s young, highly educated population are endless and we’re looking forward to two days of debate and presentations as we identify the keys to unlocking its potential.
“FIPP ME&A conference promises to be a ‘can’t miss’ event for anyone interested in learning more about the opportunities present in two of the world’s fastest growing media markets.”
“GN Publishing is delighted to be supporting FIPP in presenting the Middle East & Africa event. Our markets are poised for substantial growth in print, digital and events and this conference will highlight success stories and trends that media companies can use to unlock this potential.”
Reminder: Our pre-agenda offer ends soon
Do not forget that our discounted, pre-agenda offer ends on 31 October 2015.
Your booking options are:
• Pre-agenda rate: £495. Secure your place.
• Standard rate: £695
• Pre-agenda rate: £645. Secure your place.
• Standard rate: £905
Delegations (5+ people):
• Standard rate: £375 per person. Contact Claire Jones or Natalie Butcher for more.
For more information:
Get in touch with any of the below FIPP staff members with your queries.
• Claire Jones, head of events; or
• Natalie Butcher, events executive
• Cobus Heyl, chief content officer and marketing manager
Sponsorship and exhibition:
• John Schlaefli, commercial manager
More like this
Registration open for FIPP’s first Middle East and Africa event
We reveal the names of five speakers for FIPP Middle East & Africa